24/10/2020

WAIT, WHAT?

At first, I didn't believe Wilson, but Nërp confirmed that his huge and noisy wind turbine supplied electricity – Nërptricity – to the house at a mere 5 volts and a maximum current of a puny 0.75 Watts.

Sensing my surprise, Nërp asked me what I had been expecting, and I told him that I had assumed 240 volts and 13 amps per outlet.
 
Nërp was aghast! 
 
'240V?' he shrieked, '13A? Are you trying to kill us all?'
 
I pointed out that everyone in the UK received 240V at 13A and very few people were being killed by it, but he shuffled off shaking his head while threatening to write a very stiff letter to the Health and Safety Executive
 
Turning to Wilson I explained, 'We'd need to replace all our appliances: the TV, the toaster, the kettle, the computers – everything!'
 
He asked whether, when we replaced the TV for a five-volt model, we could buy one with a bigger screen, but I said that replacing anything was completely out of the question.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment