15/05/2020

THE BIRTH OF BYRON

I was sitting quietly in the dining room earlier today, continuing my battle with Wilson's jigsaw puzzle, when Byron wandered in for a chat. 
 
About Art.
 
He said that since our visit to the Turner Contemporary Gallery last year Wilson had fully embraced Conceptual, Abstract and Minimalist Art, but now he was wondering whether to try to widen his perspective a little.
 
Pausing to insert a plain blue piece into the jigsaw, he continued, 'I'm sure he'd enjoy some of the Twentieth Century American RealistsAndrew Wyeth and Edward Hopper, for instance. What do you think, Wilson's New Dad?'
 
I replied that I thought Wilson's view of art was a bit… narrow, and expanding it could only be a Good Thingparticularly if it embraced something I could actually understand!
 
Byron nodded happily, placed two more jigsaw pieces and left.
 
At this rate, I might get this damned puzzle finished soon!
 
Once Byron had departed, I reflected that no visit to the dressing-up box had been necessary for today's Old Master re-creation – Botticelli's Birth of Venus – perhaps he's getting ready for tomorrow's Great Take Off charity event?
 
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/tv/great-british-take-off-strip-18244443 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment