13/09/2018

BLUEBIRD

Moving on we came across Donald Campbell's Bluebird car, in which he attempted to break the world Land Speed Record.

Looking much more futuristic than the vintage racing car we'd just seen, Wilson was deeply impressed by its sleek lines and almost spaceship-like appearance.


However, in spite of my previous admonitions, no sooner had I turned my back than W had climbed into the cockpit. 


I'm really afraid he's going to get us thrown out of here!
______________
You can read the sad story of Bluebell's Land Speed Record Attempts here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Campbell#Land_speed_record_attempt

______________
I've had a telephone call from the hospital, and I'm afraid we're going to have to cut this holiday short so I can go home for an operation.
I know Wilson will be disappointed, but I'll have to find a way to make it up to him.
More details tomorrow.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment