14/09/2018

A MORE SUITABLE CAR

After the Formula 1 racing car and Bluebird, I thought Wilson would have set his sights pretty high, but in fact the vehicle he fell in love with was quite modest.

Actually, it was VERY modest – so modest, in fact, that I initially thought it was powered like Fred Flintstone's car: by putting one's feet through the floor and running – although closer examination revealed that it did in fact have an engine of sorts.


I can only imagine Wilson likes this so much because he thinks he could realistically own one himself, using it for trips into the village and so on.
When I was his age, I used to crave  a Bubble Car, for much the same reason…
_________
As I mentioned yesterday, we're having to cut this holiday short so I can return home to have an operation on my eye.
There will be a post tomorrow, as usual,  then nothing until I have recovered enough to see what I'm doing.
I don't know how long that will take, so please keep checking back.
Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment