12/09/2018

THE GOLDEN AGE OF MOTOR RACING

Were it not for the dummy racing car he's just been photographed in, I don't think Wilson would have believed this was a real Formula 1 Racing Car!

Brought up on 21st Century F1 cars with their ground-effect aerofoils, halos and HUGE tyres, he didn't know what to make of this quaint vintage model – although when I was his age ALL racing cars looked like this.


I started to tell him about Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart and other luminaries of days gone by when, before I could stop him, he jumped into the cockpit, grasped the steering wheel and started making loud Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmm racing car noises.


One or two visitors looked over and smiled at my discomfort, but I don't think any of the Security Staff have noticed.


Yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment