14/01/2018

BLOCKCHAIN FOR DUMMIES

Over breakfast, Wilson tried to convince me that Virtual Currencies are the way forward – apparently even failed photo giant KODAK is launching one, called the KodakCoin.

'In a year or two,' he said, 'you won't have old-fashioned, germ-ridden "real" money rubbing a hole in your pocket, or even easy-to-hack or -clone credit cards – you'll be using safe, clean and weightless E-Coins! My job is to ensure you're not using BitCoins or KodakCoins or some other inferior, fly-by-night upstart: you will be using V-Coins!'


He went on to (try to) explain to me how virtual currencies are protected against theft and fraud by something called the BlockChain – he was very earnest, and did sound as though he knew what he was talking about, but I'm afraid it all went way over my head.


(But please don't tell him this – I don't want him thinking I'm some kind of Luddite dummy.)


Anyway, he's just popped round to Green's DIY Hardware Store in the village to buy a length of BlockChain to secure his V-Coins in advance of his Official V-Coin Launch tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment