20/01/2018

A HUGE CRATE ARRIVES

This morning I was awoken unconscionably early by sounds of shouting over the noise of a fork-lift truck maneuvering a  huge wooden packing case out of a delivery van.  

Wilson was 'supervising' the operation, attempting to get the fork-lift and the crate through the gate and into the back garden –  the gate was clearly narrower than the fork-lift, but W was 'pretty sure' it could be done with 'minimal damage' to the gate.


By the time I'd dressed and arrived on the scene, the fork-lift driver had convinced Wilson that this was 'Mission Impossible, mate! Just sign for it, will you?' and W had agreed that he and I would carry the crate through between us.


I refused point-blank to do this until I'd at least had some coffee, and Wilson grudgingly agreed... although he won't tell me what's in the crate. He says it would 'spoil the surprise!'


I think it's more likely I'd refuse to allow it on the premises – whatever it is – but time will tell...



No comments:

Post a Comment