02/01/2017

BARGAIN HUNT

Now Xmas is over, Wilson woke me very early this morning, asking to go to the Garden Centre to score some post-Xmas bargains.

As we drove through the sombre, brown countryside he lamented that if only he'd been born in 'Queen Victor's' reign he could have become rich and famous by inventing the Xmas Card, but sadly all the best inventions have now been invented by other people.


I replied that as a child I had thought exactly the same, although my childhood was in an age when how things worked could generally be deduced by taking them apart; nowadays no amount of casual dismantling will tell you how a smartphone or a digital camera functions.


I suggested than maybe he could find some simple, non-technological everyday object that people loved and needed, and improve on it in some way.


He subsided into a ruminative silence until we arrived at the Garden Centre.



No comments:

Post a Comment