01/01/2017

NEW YEAR'S DAY

The entire family slept in this morning, following a very late night last night (although nobody managed to stay awake until midnight) then gathered to watch Disney's new CGI Jungle Book.

Neither Neil the Sloth nor Mole the Mole is used to TV, so Wilson gave them each a bag of Cheesy Wotsits and suggested they didn't watch the drama, lest they be scared.


Mole confessed that the Wotsits were a welcome change from Earthworms and grubs, while Neil said they were 'V-e-r-y ...' but we never found out what.


During one of the (many) comfort breaks required by the younger children, Wilson mentioned that he had been researching Xmas online, telling me confidently that, 'Before Queen Victor and her husband Prince Charles Dickens invented the Xmas Tree, Xmas used to last 12 days! I think WE should start doing that next Xmas!'


My heart sank a little at the thought of 12 days of unremitting eating and drinking, when I can barely cope with two! 


'Although,' he continued, 'there weren't any presents until the last day. I don't think I could wait that long.'


I enjoyed Jungle Book much more than I'd expected — it was quite dark, and hardly at all cutesy!
______________


Being the first of the month, today should have been The Bees' Blog, but they said that, following all the festivities, they'd prefer to just chill in front of the box. 


They both insisted that they weren't giving up on the Blog, and they'd be back on 1 February as usual!



No comments:

Post a Comment