30/06/2015

Knitting Therapy

Wilson took the knitting pattern from me, and asked where I'd got it.

'One of your friends, who is extremely concerned about you, emailed it to me to give to you, and I printed it out,' I replied.

'Exactly!' he exclaimed, 'Yet you would deprive me of this educational resource! This opportunity to keep in touch with my friends! This 21st Century Boon to All Mankind!'

I tried to explain that I didn't want to deprive him of the internet, but that I thought that his attachment to it was becoming... obsessive.

Once he'd assembled his balls of knitting wool, he called me into the living room and told me he thought I'd downloaded the pattern in the wrong language. 

He read a passage aloud to me: 'Cast on 6 sts. Row 1 (RS): Knit. Row 2: Purl. Repeat last two rows once more. Row 5: K1, m1, k to last st, m1, k1. (8 sts).'

I had to admit that I didn't understand it either, although the odd word here and there was in English.

'Wasn't the pattern for Colin The Knitted Camel like this?' I asked.

'I didn't have a pattern for Colin.' he said, 'I made him up as I went along!'

In retrospect, that does explain a lot about Colin…

If you'd like to knit your own Tiny Clanger, the pattern is here: 
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-06-09/knit-your-own-tiny-clanger


No comments:

Post a Comment