09/02/2014

New Snowboarding Star!

This morning, following another sleepless night, Wilson took the Dyson into the living room and dismantled it. He told me he needed the motor from it to power the 'rocking bed' he is inventing, which will apparently replicate the gentle rocking motion of the cruise ship which he'd found so relaxing. 

Once he'd stripped it down to its component parts he noticed GB's Jenny Jones had achieved Gold position in the Women's Slopestyle Snowboarding. He stopped work and gazed intently at the screen.

Sadly Jenny eventually slipped down to Bronze Medal position, but W was still very excited. Once the snowboarding had finished he told me that at last he had found a sport in which he felt he could excel, since all he would have to do is stand on his snowboard and slide downhill without falling over. Moreover, he said, the four years until the next Winter Olympics would give him time to practice and become a world leader in the sport.

I'm off to consult the Sochi Timetable, as I really don't want him seeing the Luge events and thinking he'd like to try that!

In the meantime, the Bed Rocking machine is no nearer completion and I doubt the Dyson will ever suck again.  
___________

You may have noticed that I have missed a few updates to Wilson's adventures — unfortunately personal commitments and health issues sometimes make this necessary. I will try to keep disruption to a minimum, but I hope you will understand when I occasionally have to skip a day or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment