17/10/2020

THE FIRST LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS

Nërp has installed The Cowl wind turbine in the garden.

Unfortunately for his test, today is completely windless – it's like a stanza from The Rime of the Ancient Mariner – but our regular Amazon driver has just dropped off some industrial fans.
 
I have little doubt that my Visa card has paid for them. ☹️
 
Once Nërp switched the fans on I noticed our Smart Meter was spinning round like a Catherine Wheel, but when I went out to tell Nërp I found him deep in discussion with Andrew the seagull, who was squawking something about 'efficiency' and the various laws of thermodynamics.
 
Nërp was looking a bit flustered while trying to maintain that using the fans was merely a 'testing procedure', but Andrew kept shouting: 'It's the law of diminishing returns, mate! If anyone should know about that, it's me – my returns have been diminishing ever since I was just an egg!'
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment