09/08/2020

A WORRYING RUMOUR

There is a worrying rumour circulating on Social Media to the effect that Wilson is opening a Camel Sanctuary in the back garden!

That would certainly explain the tons of sand, but it would be a disaster for all my lovely flowers… and what it the camels weren't properly, um, well, 'house-trained'?
I know Wilson has a bit of a soft spot for camels – remember Colin the Knitted Camel? – so this scheme is not quite as unlikely as it might seem.
 
I needed to get to the bottom of this so, danger or not, I insisted on being let into Nërp's workshop to see for myself what was going on.
 
I feared I'd find partly-built Camel Enclosures, but my mind was set at ease when I saw the finishing touches being applied to a Beach Hut.
 
I demanded to know what the sand was for, and Wilson replied simply, 'Well, it's for the "beach" obviously – what did you think it was for?'
 
I made no mention of the purported Camel Sanctuary lest it give him ideas… 
New Readers Start Here Nº 13
THE sTONE BROTHERS
• Wilson bought sTony then sToneye as garden ornaments – at first Antony and TT used to be terrified of them, but now they've accepted them as members of the family.
• They are both charming and very friendly, despite their alarming appearance.
• The door handles glued to their heads date from the time Wilson tried to use them as Curling Stones during the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics – they're both a bit resentful about the handles still being in place…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment