13/05/2020

THE MEDITATIVE POWER OF JIGSAWS

Following Nërp's and Jīqìrén's revelations yesterday I am in dire need of cheering up… and I'm not the only one.

Wilson was a bit surprised to learn their real no-holds-barred opinions, but what really shocked him was the way they casually took over his Blog.


'They needn't think this is going to be a regular thing!' he announced in his firmest voice. 'I've made an exception for the Bees (and I regret that a little bit) but a Robot Takeover? Never!'


Once Wilson eventually noticed that I too was feeling a little bit low, he presented me with this, saying that jigsaw puzzles are enjoying a massive revival.


According to him, jigsaws are like a form of meditation providing inner calm and tranquil serenity, an escape from the "Brain Full of Bees" feeling I sometimes get during lockdown.


I haven't done a jigsaw for decades, but once Wilson had lent me this one – and insisted that it would distract me from my anxiety, help me transcend the tribulations of the current crisis – I felt the pressure to at least give it a try…



No comments:

Post a Comment