14/10/2019

THE EMPEROR'S NEW SOCKS

Not wishing to embarrass Wilson with my tawdry dress sense, as soon as I woke this morning I selected two non-matching ODDSIES! and tore open my packet of 'Sockorations'.

They immediately spilled all over the floor, but once I had retrieved them I proceeded to apply a few to my socks and went downstairs to breakfast.


Wilson met me at the foot of the stairs, glanced at my feet and said, 'Looking good, New Dad, looking good!'


Examining me more closely, he asked, 'So how many Sockorations Stickers did you use?'


'Oh, around eight I suppose,' I replied, 'four per sock.'


Wilson frowned and turned to Byron, saying, 'He only used about eight – between both feet. At that rate a packet will last for months!'


'Perhaps we could add a Suggested Minimum Quantity to the instructions?' Byron said.


'We could do that,' Wilson agreed, 'Or we could drastically reduce the number of stickers in each packet.'


They both nodded in unison – a marketing decision had been made.


'Shall I let Marketing manager Antony know that we're reducing the Pack Count?' Byron inquired.


'If you'd be so kind!' W replied…

No comments:

Post a Comment