11/08/2019

WHO'S THAT ANT CHALLENGE

A sense of unease has descended on the house – I think we're all worried about how The Bees are getting on in London.

They're both Country Girls, so are completely unprepared for Big City Life and, to be honest, a little bit naïve – while Uncle Zoltan's Bad Attitude could get him into all sorts of trouble! 


While Wilson paced up and down in the garden, halfheartedly trying to teach a simple trick to a group of passing ants, Byron attempted to distract me by challenging me to a game of What Ant Is It?


I really tried to concentrate, but no matter how hard I stared all the ants on my side of the board looked identical, so I lost three games in a row. 


I didn't even know what sort of questions to ask – 'Does this ant have a sticky-out bit on its, um, middle bit?' seemed somehow lacking in insight.


Byron was very kind, but I fear I may have gone down a little in his estimation.
 

LATER: 
Billi has just phoned to say they are all okay and had been to Number Ten.
She said they were going to visit Kew Gardens tomorrow, so we shouldn't expect them back until Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on the weather, and sent their love to everyone – especially their children Johnson Major and Johnson Minor, ending the call by shouting, 'Free The Bee! Right On!'.

No comments:

Post a Comment