07/06/2019

WILSON GOES PADDLING

Last night Wilson asked me whether I thought his body was 'Beach Ready' as he'd like to go paddling!
P A D D L I N G !

'What, in the sea?' I asked in amazement.

'Of course in the sea!' he replied, scathingly. 'We're at the seaside – where else would I go paddling?'


Given his legendary dislike of water, I never thought I would hear him utter these words.


Following on from Nërp's unexpected revelation that he has a niece, I don't know how many more shocks I can take...


So obviously, we headed down to the beach today to indulge Wilson's wish – he disappeared into a shelter for a short time, while Byron ran into the sea and started splashing about and shouting in excitement.


Eventually Wilson emerged… wearing an enormous pair of rubber Waders! 


Shuffling a little distance into the water, he stood looking around before emerging a few minutes later declaring that he couldn't see what all the fuss was about.


Nërp asked whether he could borrow his Waders so he could try paddling himself without risking getting salt water into his internal electronics or joints – Wilson said he could keep them, as he didn't expect to need them again.


At least now we know what was in that last-minute Amazon package…



No comments:

Post a Comment