11/03/2019

THE HANGING

As soon as we returned home with our (not very limited) Limited Edition print, Wilson wanted to hang it immediately.

I'm always a bit nervous when he's up a ladder with a hammer, and I offered to hang the picture for him.


He declined my offer, explaining that hanging a picture properly is a very complex procedure involving the Golden Mean, Irrational Numbers, pi and a spirit level – and he thought I simply lacked the aesthetic sensitivity to achieve it.


In the event, the hanging consisted of Wilson balancing precariously on top of the stepladder while Antony shouted out, 'Left a bit… up a bit… a bit more… yeah, that'll do!'


So it turns out that I have less 'aesthetic sensitivity' than a small kapok-filled toy anteater – but over the years I've come to know and accept my place in the domestic pecking order…



No comments:

Post a Comment