02/02/2019

SOCIAL INFLUENCER STATUS

Today I came across Wilson lounging in an armchair looking pensive.

'What's up, matey?' I asked him.


'Well, New Dad,' he replied, 'I was watching tv last night, and this reporter said that a Social Influencer was someone who writes a Blog and has more than 3,000 Followers.'


'That sounds a lot like you!' I said, encouragingly.


'Yes,' he agreed, 'it sounds a LOT like me! I've got more than TWICE as many Followers as that, but no-one has ever paid me to do a Celebrity Endorsement of anything…'


'Hmmm,' I told him, 'I'd guess that's because everyone knows you have such high moral standards that you would never even consider endorsing something in return for mere cash!'


He nodded thoughtfully, saying, 'True. But the money would come in very handy!'


Shrugging philosophically, he added, 'Still, my Celebrity Eat-As-Much-As-You-Like Diet Book will be out soon, and the money will start rolling in – recipe testing starts tomorrow, so I hope you're prepared!' 


I couldn't suppress a small, involuntary shudder…




No comments:

Post a Comment