24/02/2019

OFF PISTE

Wilson has just shown me the next spread of his Learning Colours And Numbers book, and I'm afraid he's got a little bit carried away.

I thought yesterday's pages were just right – fun, simple and easily comprehensible – whereas today's spread is hugely complex, involving squares and formulae, and hinting at more Degree-level stuff to come – I wouldn't be surprised if he introduces Differential Equations and Calculus before he's finished…


Perhaps young anteaters can comprehend this kind of thing, but I fear he is greatly overestimating the intelligence and capacity of most human toddlers.


Tomorrow I shall pop into the Village and get him something to help him understand the level required when introducing basic concepts like Numbers and Colours to pre-school children…




No comments:

Post a Comment