07/11/2018

WILSON EXPLAINS

This morning Wilson invited me into his library to pitch his new idea to me.

I knew I had been right to expect the worst when, having softened me up with a glass of ant gin, he announced that his idea is: On-line Ant Racing.


He showed me a little race track he'd made, explaining that the ants would start at one end and race towards a sugar cube strategically placed at the other. 


'People place on-line bets on the ants, then we show the race live,' 


He paused for a moment – I thought he looked a little bit shifty at this point, but I said nothing. 


'Then we pay out on the winning bets,' he continued, 'and bank the profits! Sweet or what?'


This is wrong on so many levels, but I can foresee such a multitude of practical and logistical problems that at this stage I'm prepared to let him carry on with his plans, in hopes that they will never come to fruition…



No comments:

Post a Comment