21/09/2018

HOSPITAL DISCHARGE

When I arrived home from the hospital, I stepped out of my taxi and found my entrance to the house blocked by mountains of cardboard boxes.

Wilson came out to greet me, rubbing his paws together and said, 'Welcome home, New Dad. As you can see – business is brisk!'


'Business?' I asked.


'Well', Wilson replied, 'while you were in hospital we didn't know whether you'd ever be coming home again, so I thought we should raise some money… in case we, you know, had to, well… fend for ourselves. You do hear such terrible stories, and I didn't want to be an orphan and get adopted again…'


He waved his arm inclusively towards the buff-coloured mountain, and announced, 'So, behold: WV Self Storage!'


'What terrible Stories have you heard?' I asked, 'And who told them to you – was it Uncle Zoltan?'


Wilson shifted a few boxes and cleared a narrow path to the front door…




No comments:

Post a Comment