15/08/2018

PLAYGROUND

Just before we left the Museum, Wilson decided not to send a postcard to his brother, Byron, in case it made him feel left out. 

I told him that I thought it was a very thoughtful decision.


Once we entered the Gift Shop, I began to regret that remark, as W had assumed I would want to reward his 'Very Thoughtfulness' by buying him many expensive souvenirs.


I finally talked him down to a single purchase, but you might be as surprised as I was to learn how much a scale model of Concorde can cost!


Afterwards W went in the playground while I had an iced coffee in the restaurant.


The playground is cleverly designed to look like an aircraft carrier, and W had a great time there. 


So great that his cries of, 'Look at me! New Dad: LOOK AT ME!' became a constant soundtrack to my coffee, to the amusement of some of the other diners…


No comments:

Post a Comment