19/07/2018

THE FIRST CUT IS THE DEEPEST

I don’t know what Wilson and Nërp discussed – neither of them is willing to discuss it – although the following day, Wilson did seem a tad brighter.

Today, though, he appears to have relapsed a little. 


I came across him sitting in the living room with the curtains drawn, quietly singing The First Cut Is The Deepest to himself…


I asked him if he was okay. ‘Yes,’ he sighed, ‘I’m fine…’


But it was obvious he was not fine –  he was clearly some distance from fine. 


I decided to play my Trump Card – the thing that never fails to cheer W up!


‘Do you feel like a holiday?’ I asked.


He fidgeted in his seat for a moment, and replied, ‘Okay. If you like.’


This was not the response I had been expecting.


Or hoping for…



No comments:

Post a Comment