29/07/2017

MORE TROUBLE IN STORE

'Once he'd emptied the Children's Complimentary Fruit Box,' the security lady continued, 'he was seen to proceed to the Bakery Department where he was observed licking a number of the iced doughnuts on display, and eating two Cream Slices and half a Finest* Danish Pastry!'

'Oh dear!' I replied, 'Naturally I will pay for any damage or spoiled goods. As you know, this is totally out of character for Wilson, but I'm afraid he's having quite a difficult time dealing with some recent bad news. Would £10 cover everything – and an apology from W, of course?'


'Not quite,' she replied. 'There is one more expensive – and serious – item to consider. So serious that we're considering informing the Police about it...'


I cut her off before she could continue, saying. 'Wait there – I'm on my way!'


Hanging up the phone, I jumped into the car and drove straight round to the store...



No comments:

Post a Comment