02/10/2016

WILD REINDEER

Moving along into the park proper, the first thing I encountered was a 'wild animal pen' containing what, if I hadn't known better, I would have said was Byron wearing a pair of furry Xmas 'reindeer antlers'.

He waved shyly to me and whispered, 'Hello Mr Wilson's New Dad!'


'Hello!' I replied, 'Are you a... Moose? Or a Reindeer?'


Byron nodded enthusiastically.


'Are you safe to pet?' I continued, and he nodded again.


I reached out to tickle him behind his ear, but his antlers wobbled alarmingly and almost fell off. 


Steadying them with his paw, he explained, 'Oh, don't worry — I'm getting ready to shed my antlers ready for next Spring!'


His antlers, although safely restored to his head, began to flash in time to a tinny rendition of 'Jingle Bells'. 


'I'm supposed to ask you for £5, but I don't really like to,' he continued, ''Cos although you probably haven't noticed I'm not a REAL reindeer!'


He blushed and waved goodbye, as I moved on the the next attraction...



No comments:

Post a Comment