29/08/2016

THE LAST BREAKFAST

This morning we went down to what Wilson is calling, rather dolorously, The Last Breakfast (he was raised a Catholic in Costa Rica, which I suppose explains quite a lot).

While we were all waiting for out breakfasts to be served, W explained some of the difficulties in having a piglet called 'Piglet' — he's principally worried that he might be sued by The Estate of AA Milne and Christopher Robin, and possibly even the Walt Disney Corporation, if he doesn't think of an alternative name soon.


I replied that some of his friends have been sending in suggestions, one of which was Percy.


'Percy Pig?' Wilson raised his eyebrows. 'Bit of a cliché, isn't it?'


I've decided to keep the mooted name of Porky to myself, for everyone's sake, so I continued, 'Another suggestion was Peregrine!' 


At this, W puffed out his cheeks and made a sort of 'Poof' sound, while the pig rolled his eyes.


Wilson closed down further discussion by saying, 'Well, I'm sure something suitable and appropriate will occur to me soon...' 


Indeed, by the time we'd all finished our breakfasts and we were preparing to leave the table, Wilson called out, 'Come on Antony. Tiny Toy. Dave. It's time to go...'


Not long afterwards we were back in the car, bound for Uckfield once more...



No comments:

Post a Comment