23/04/2016

JOKEATHON

Wilson can still barely contain his curiosity about what is in The Bees' Parcel.

Between them, Polly and Billi carried it off to their room, saying only that it was a surprise and everyone would have to wait for their Guest Blog on 1st May to see what it is.


This uncertainty has made W pretty tense, and Tiny Toy's constant litany of jokes isn't helping settle his nerves:


'Anyway, what happens to a frog's car when it breaks down? It gets toad away! I went to Waterstones and asked the woman for a book about turtles. She asked: "Hardback?" and I was like: "Yeah, and little heads." Just read that 4,153,237 people got married last year — not to cause any trouble but shouldn't that be an even number? I think my neighbour is stalking me as she's been Googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night. I went to a zoo last week...'


It was at this point that Wilson finally snapped, and he picked TT up by his tail.


'There was only one animal there,' TT continued, undaunted, 'and that was a dog.'


Dropping him into a brown paper bag, he closed the top.


From within the bag a tiny, muffled voice was just audible, shouting, 'It was a shih-tzu!'



No comments:

Post a Comment