28/11/2015

NEW AND IMPROVED

I have to tell you, I was pretty appalled by Wilson's invention.

'Have you tested this "Bag of Serenity"?' I asked him.


'Oh yes!' he replied, 'I tested a smaller prototype on Antony and Tiny Toy — while we were on holiday, if you remember!'


I tried to explain that it was one thing putting small soft toys into a paper bag, quite another to consider doing the same with actual living children.


'How would you like it if I put you in Bag of Serenity?' I asked. 


'Well, I wouldn't like it at all...' he replied.  'But then, I am never fractious, rude, disobedient or just plain naughty!'


I fought the urge to mention the many times he'd used my VISA card without permission.


'Anyway, this is only a prototype,' he reminded me. 'I'm just drawing up a list of improvements to incorporate into the final, production model.'


He held up a sheet of paper.


'I'm even thinking of making a larger version,' he added, 'for naughty twins!'



No comments:

Post a Comment