13/10/2015

LUNCH PAILS

On our way to the cafĂ© Wilson happened to glance inside some sand-filled Fire Buckets hanging from the Ticket Office wall. Noticing some ants living in the sand, he plunged his nose in, and came up chewing. 

Popping Antony and TT each into a bucket of their own he pointed at his new-found bounty and asked me whether I wanted any. I declined.


As he chewed enthusiastically on a mouthful of ants, he asked me, 'How much more is there to see on Wight Island, New Dad? Have we nearly seen it all?'


I said there was much yet unseen, but if he was feeling homesick we could head back to Uckfield whenever he liked.


'Oh no,' he said, 'I'm having a brill time here… it's just that it's getting quite close to Halloween… and Guy Fawkes Night… and Xmas... and I wondered whether we'd be home in time?'


I promised that we'd be home in good time for Halloween.


Glancing at one of the other Fire Buckets I noticed that TT had built some teeny-weeny sand castles.


'Also,' Wilson continued, pausing to spit out some sand, 'I've invented a top new Family Card Game and I need to get it in production in time to hit the lucrative Xmas Market!'



No comments:

Post a Comment