04/07/2012

Happy Birthday to Me!


I've had a lovely day so far.
Wilson gave me what I thought was a copy of his novel '50 Sheds of Grey' but when I opened it I found was actually a copy of Dr Brian Cox's 'The Quantum Universe: Everything that Can Happen Does Happen'. I expect we'll read that together, as I might need W's razor-sharp intellect to help me with some of the concepts. 
He also gave me an enormous package which, when opened revealed another package and so on, Russian-Doll style, until I finally opened the tiniest box imaginable which was labelled in W's handwriting, 'Higgs Boson Presentation Gift Set'. W promised me that the box is 'stuffed full of' Higgs Bosons, and I should be careful not to spill them when I open it. I guess I'd need a LHC to see whether it really is full of Higgs Bosons, but at least, as of today, it could be!
Birthday lunch was delicious, with a special Ant-and-Redcurrant Sauce that W has been working to perfect for days. I think he still has a little fine-tuning to go… but the noodles and the mushrooms were perfect!
W says that I will receive my main present tomorrow, and we'll need the car. Mysterious - I hope I can sleep tonight with the anticipation. I also hope Wilson doesn't think he'll be doing any of the driving…

No comments:

Post a Comment