10/11/2020

UNHOLIDAY: CHIP SHOP

When we arrived at the chip shop, which inevitably was closed for everything except home-delivered food, Wilson threw himself theatrically down onto the pavement and declared that he was too weak to stand
 
He said that unless he had something to eat immediately – preferably chips with curry sauce, oh and a gherkin too, please, and don't forget some napkins! – I would have to carry him back to the car and drive him home.
 
Byron and I tried to encourage him, but in vain – even after I'd promised him pizza and chips for dinner.
 
Maybe our Uckfield UnHoliday has run its course and we should head back home to, well, Uckfield…
 
I will confess that as holidays go, it's been less successful than I had hoped.
On the plus side, though, it's been the cheapest holiday ever!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment