02/11/2020

LOCKDOWN HOLIDAY SUGGESTION

Wilson, Byron and Nërp have been doing little but play Hungry, Hungry Hippos recently, so it's little wonder they're bored.

Wilson confronted me today, saying that if he didn't have a holiday soon he wouldn't be responsible for his actions.
 
By this time of year, we would normally have had about three holidays, but so far we've had none.
 
I can well sympathise with his feelings, but the whole of the UK is in various different states of lockdown with many restrictions on movement, so a real holiday is sadly out of the question.
 
However, I've had an idea – I don't know whether it will help, but I'll put it to him anyway.
 
'How would it be', I asked, 'if we went to the lovely village of Uckfield for a few days?'
 
'Uckfield?' he replied, 'That's where we live! Are you starting to lose it, New Dad?'
 
'Hear me out,' I continued, 'what if we pretend our house is a hotel, and we pretend we haven't been living here for years? We could go into town and look at it with "new eyes", seeing it as though for the first time. What do you think – should we give it a try?'
 
I sensed that he was deeply unimpressed, but he shrugged and said it couldn't be much worse than being stuck indoors all day playing Hungry Hippos
 
Even after the new government regulations come into force on Thursday we'll be able to exercise as a Family Group, so legally we'll be in the clear – why not join us on our virtual tour of the little East Sussex village of Uckfield?
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment