17/11/2020

HOT SOUP TO YOUR DOOR

While Wilson was taking out the recycling, he thought he heard the distant chimes of an ice-cream van.

It was probably his imagination, but it's left him wondering where all the Ice Cream vans go in the winter.
 
He asked me whether they hibernated, but I said they were probably parked-up in a compound somewhere waiting for warmer weather.
 
Now he is leafing through an old copy of Exchange & Mart, investigating the cost of hiring an ice-cream van so he can drive it round the streets selling hot soup over the winter season.
 
When he says he can drive it round the streets I expect he means that I can drive it for him…
 
Humouring him, I asked what music he'd use for his chimes?
 
Without a moment's hesitation, he replied, 'The Soup Dragons, obviously!'
 
We were interrupted by Nërp bustling in to announce that he had sold one of his Nërpsy Souvenir Mugs.
 
'Richness and famousness are within my grasp!' he exclaimed, excitedly.
 
So, one down, 49 to go… 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment