10/10/2020

COLD FEET

Today Byron had intended to take a photo of me as part of his new work.

I had initially agreed to this, and even got as far as writing down my thoughts on a big sheet of cardboard, but then I copped out.
 
On reflection I decided it might be better all round if everyone DIDN'T know what I'm *really* thinking at the moment – I'm not certain Wilson could handle it.
 
In typical upbeat fashion, Byron decided that rather than cut his series short he would exhibit a blank sheet of film – annotated as though it were not blank – as an inscrutable part of the series. 
 
Actually, I rather like it, and Byron later told me he thought it was the 'most exciting' photo of the series so far!
 
Wilson criticised it as a 'waste of film', but nevertheless asked Byron whether he'd consider exhibiting the completed work in the Uckfield Contemporary Gallery if and when it ever reopens.
Today's Optimistic October Calendar entry exhorts us to: Take time to reflect on what you have achieved this week.
Well, that won't take me long… 🤔 ☹️
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment