07/08/2020

SAND AND DELIVER!

I don't know why delivery drivers start work so early.

Whenever something big gets delivered it seems to arrive at daybreak, and today was no exception.
 
It was barely light when I was cruelly snatched from sleep by the sound of a truck engine revving and people shouting: things like 'Back a bit… a bit more… more… too much!'
 
I pulled on my jeans and rushed downstairs to find an enormous truck delivering a huge load of sand – dumping it all over all over the front drive – with Wilson, Byron and Nërp apparently supervising.
 
I demanded to know what was going on, but Wilson just said that everything was under control and there was nothing for me to worry about.
 
If only I could really believe that…
New Readers Start Here Nº 11
NEIL THE SLOTH
• Neil came to live with us at Xmas four years ago.
• He was a gift from Wilson's friend Dennis, a Giant Anteater who lives on the Isle of Wight.
• Neil used to live in the Zoo Gift Shop.
• He speaks s o o o s l o o o w l y that it took us two days even to learn his name – we still don't know much about him, but he seems happy here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment