20/08/2020

MEMORIES OF CORNWALL

The disagreements about how the beach hut should be painted must have been settled, because I saw it this morning and it looks fabulous – really seasidey!

While I was admiring it, Wilson strode past carrying his 'stick' – the surfboard he'd bought when we had a holiday in Cornwall a few years ago.
 
I called out to him, 'Going to catch some tubes, Dude?'
 
He turned to me with a very serious expression and asked me, 'Do you remember that holiday we had in Nookey, New Dad? It was wonderful. I loved it. I'm going to try to recapture some of the happiness of that carefree time.'
 
I said I thought that was an excellent idea.
 
Then he asked me a very difficult question, which I didn't really know how to answer: 'We WILL be able to go on holiday again, won't we? Once Lockdown is over?'
 
'Of course we will!' I replied confidently.
 
I hope I was telling the truth, as I too am really missing those lovely holidays, which now seem like impossibly distant memories
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment