26/06/2020

PACKAGE FROM A PEN PAL

First it's Tiny Toy getting mysterious packets in the mail, now it's Wilson – I never get anything mysterious or exciting – only bills!
 
Today's delivery has caused some excitement, being a packet of Live Termites from Wilson's American pen-pal Arnold!
 
I regarded the package suspiciously as termites began to climb out and crawl over the kitchen table.
 
'If they're American termites' I asked, 'they haven't been… well, you know… Chlorine Washed have they?'
 
'Oh no!' both boys assured me in unison, 'They're Free-Range, straight from the Park. Look, they even arrived with their own little rotten log to live in!'
 
Wilson continued, 'We're going to take these round to Everything Ant in the village, get a marketing deal and start a Termite Import/Export Business with Arnold! we're going to call them "Park Termites"'
 
'Here, Try one – they're delicious' Byron said, holding a struggling termite out to me.
 
'I think you should get them round to Everything Ant straight away,' I remarked, declining the proffered insect, 'before you've eaten them all…'
 
You can meet Wilson's multitalented friend Arnold and his family on Instagram: the.gourmet.anteater
 

No comments:

Post a Comment