08/05/2020

MAKE YOUR OWN READYMADES

Sales of Wilson's 'R. Mutt' postcards have been disappointing. 

Actually he sold only one – to me – and I was disappointed!


Never one to be disheartened, he is now marketing Marcel Duchamp ReadyMade Kits – which consist of a sheet of sticky labels printed 'R. Mutt' which you can stick onto… well, anything you like, and thus have an iconic and valuable work of art in your own home.


I confess I can't quite get my head around how sticking a label on something mysteriously transforms it into 'Art', yet Byron – who understands these things – endorses this bizarre scheme. 


For some unfathomable reason, both boys suggest a good place to start would be to stick one of these labels on the outside of your toilet bowl…


I've seen these labels and I must warn you that they're not even self-adhesive – you have to spray your own glue on the back of the sheet. 


Wilson justifies this by saying, 'Making Art is supposed to be difficult – if it were easy, everyone would do it!' and recommends 3M PhotoMount for 'extra stickability'…



No comments:

Post a Comment