21/03/2020

CHILDREN'S CLASSICS UPDATED

Now that Wilson's Art Gallery has been forced into temporary closure, the whole household is in a state of Self Isolation.

In an effort to avoid Cabin Fever Wilson is busy thinking, trying to come up with a new money-making idea to tide him over financially until the gallery re-opens.
So far this is what he's come up with: 'updating' children's classic books.


This puts me strongly in mind of one of his previous literary projects where he simply changed the names of a few characters and re-issued classic novels under new titles…


I'm tempted to ask:

if these books are Timeless Classics, why do they need to be updated?
But I think I already know the answer: it's so that Wilson can make some money without having to do too much work…

The first of these Classics to undergo the Wilson Treatment is The Cat In The Hat.


I've never much cared for Doctor Seuss, but I'll tell you this: he'd better keep his paws off my personal favourite classic: Winnie-the-Pooh!



No comments:

Post a Comment