25/11/2019

HARBINGER OF XMAS

When I was Wilson's age, one of the first Harbingers of Xmas was Ironing Last Year's Wrapping Paper ready to use again. Maybe that was a post-WW2 austerity thing, I don't know.

For Wilson, though, the equivalent activity is Sorting Out the Decorations.


Although I have told him he can't start putting up Xmas Decorations until 1st December, he's got some of the decorations down from the loft so he can dust them off – he's very excited, knowing that Xmas can now be only, as he puts it, 'Days away!'


This will be Pterry's First Xmas with us – he is paying close attention to what's going on, and trying to make some sense of it.


Even Jīqìrén has briefly torn herself away from the tv and is observing the proceedings, although I suspect she is as mystified as Pterry!


I'll ask Wilson to explain Xmas to them both before the Big Day dawns…



No comments:

Post a Comment