30/09/2019

HOME SWEET HOME

I've only just arrived home from collecting Wilson from  the zoo.

The visit took a bit longer than I'd expected, what with Wilson's Mum inviting me in for a cup of tea with gin, introducing me to all the new cubs* which have been born since my last visit, flirting outrageously with several of Wilson's stepfathers, passing out dead drunk for what Wilson described as her 'afternoon nap', and so on that it was late afternoon before I made my excuses and left.


I was only mildly surprised when Wilson went to collect his suitcase and returned accompanied by Byron carrying his suitcase too…


Tomorrow being the first of October, it will be The Bees turn to Blog – don't forget to check it out!
______


*Mrs V has such a great profusion of children, I sometimes wonder whether she might not be in some kind of Zoo Breeding Programme? I don't like to mention this to Wilson, but it's no wonder his mum has trouble remembering the kids' names!

No comments:

Post a Comment