30/06/2019

WORK EXPERIENCE

I've been thinking about Wilson's Air Freshener invention… and his Ant Ice Lollies, the Unpuncturable Tyres, his Odd Socks enterprise and all his many other inventions and get-rich-quick schemes.

I think the fundamental, underlying problem with Wilson's inventions is that he spends too little time thinking about what people really want, and too much time thinking about how he'll spend his First £1 Million


I took Wilson to one side today and had a chat with him about this, and he seemed to take it quite well, saying he'd give it some thought… although he did confess that he'd already placed an advert for the Air Freshener in Uckfield Update magazine.


IN OTHER NEWS, Nërp has asked me whether he could invite his niece, Jīqìrén, to stay for a little while.


He says it would be like Work Experience or 'Take Your Niece To Work Day', adding, 'She's a charming girl, probably. You might love her and her doubtless cute ways, and perhaps find her useful for performing small chores around the house.'


Well, 'performing small chores' would certainly be excellent, as Nërp has never shown any signs of performing any domestic tasks whatsoever – although he does seem strangely, well, vague about his niece… 


But I've told him it would be okay – I'm really looking forward to meeting her, and I'm sure she'll fit in just fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment