21/06/2019

ARTIST AT WORK

Home again following our holiday in Margate, everything is returning to what passes here for normal.

Nërp has been inspired by Ai-Da, 'the world's first Painting Robot' to take up painting as a hobby.


Ai-Da was designed by Cornish robotics company Engineered Arts, and her robotic hand was developed by engineers in Leeds, while Nërp was designed and built by the good people at eBay


Nërp told me he was a bit disappointed, as he could have been the world's first Painting Robot if only he'd thought of it, but added, 'Disappointment is a human emotion to which I have neither wish nor capacity to fall prey. As are Dismay, Sadness, Despondency, Jealousy, Bitterness and Resentfulness.'


I have to say, he did sound the tiniest bit all those things, but I expect that's just my imagination…


Anyway, why I mention this is because while Wilson was sitting dozing in the sunshine, Nërp painted a picture of him – and although I'm no expert, it looks pretty good to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment