24/05/2019

SOUVENIR POSTCARDS

Having as yet sold nothing from the Gift Shop, Wilson was a little more confident as he led his visitors to what he calls the Bargain Zone, where lower-cost items may be purchased.

One by one, he removed picture postcards from the rack and extolled the virtues of each one.


Eventually, I bought a postcard. 


It was a Pity Purchase, but W seemed pleased and directed me to Uncle Zoltan at the pay desk to complete my investment.


I was a little surprised when Uncle Z told me the postcards were £5.00 each, but I proffered a £10 note, which he accepted and rang up in his Fisher Price Cash Register, while I waited patiently for my change.


When no change was forthcoming, I asked if anything was wrong. 


Uncle Zoltan replied that for 'logistical reasons' it was not possible for him to give change.


I said in that case, I'd have another postcard, to make the bill up to £10, but he advised me that would not be possible since he had rung up the money and the transaction was now at an end.


I was going to pursue the matter, but he started eyeing the Souvenir Bottles of WaspEeze meaningfully…



No comments:

Post a Comment