09/01/2019

MILD PERIL

Watching Paddington 2 did not altogether have the desired effect of cheering up the children.

What can I say? The wrapper described it as a 'Delightful Adventure' and it was classified "U": suitable for audiences of all ages


It also said there were 'Some scenes of mild peril' and I admit I should have paid more attention to that.


SPOILER ALERT!
Everything started so well with Paddington at home with The Browns, choosing a birthday present for his Aunt Lucy and starting work as a window cleaner… but once he was framed for theft, TT and the Johnson Brothers began to fret. 


Once Paddington was jailed, even Antony began to look worried, and during his fraught jailbreak many of the children were openly sobbing.


Then finally, when the little bear was trapped underwater in a locked container and about to drown, I had to press Pause and comfort everyone while The Bees administered Royal Jelly to the disturbed and shocked youngsters. 


During the drowning scene, I noticed that both Wilson and Byron were dabbing at their eyes and even stoic sToneye's massive orb appeared to be leaking…


The upshot was that everyone had to sleep in my bed, while I dozed fitfully in an armchair – the cries of despair and weeping making proper sleep impossible…
____________
I can only hope everyone will have returned to normal when we see you again on Friday…


 

No comments:

Post a Comment