21/02/2018

DAVE MAKES A CONFESSION

During a break in the Pig Yoga Rehearsals, while Wilson was out of earshot Dave the Pig called me over.

He looked very worried, so I asked him if he was a bit nervous about the whole Pig Yoga thing. 


‘No, it’s not that,’ he replied, ‘it’s just that I think I’ve done a silly thing – I mentioned Truffles to Wilson!’


‘I’m sure that’s not a problem’ I replied, reassuringly.


Dave looked even more worried as he continued, ‘I was just saying what useful and intelligent animals we pigs are, and I happened to say that truffles are quite valuable, and that pigs are used for finding them. Now he’s on-line looking up the price of truffles, and I’m afraid I may have done a Bad Thing…’


Our conversation was cut short as Wilson returned to the room and announced that, not only is Pig Yoga now ‘On Hold’, he will not be proceeding with his PYO Strawberries venture this year – he will instead be opening a Truffle Shop.


‘The price of Truffles is around $14,203.50 per kilogram!’ he explained in a shocked voice. ‘That’s about £5000 per pound – WAY higher than the price of Strawberries! And best of all, they’re FREE – you just dig them up from out of the ground!’


This sounds to me a bit like Wilson’s ill-fated plan to ‘just dig V-Coins up from the ground’, but he is confident he can successfully harvest Wild Truffles from the woods, using Dave the Pig to locate and bring them to the surface.


I also have one nagging doubt: if Truffles are so easy to harvest, why are they so expensive?
_________________


I have to go into hospital shortly for a small surgical procedure. I don’t know how long I shall be out of action, so it may be necessary for Wilson to stay with his family at the zoo for a little while – which sadly will result in a short break in Blog Posts.




No comments:

Post a Comment