10/01/2018

THE DEVIL MAKES WORK FOR IDLE PAWS

Now that Wilson's brother, Byron, has gone back to the zoo, the house is very quiet.

Wilson is just wandering around listlessly and watching more daytime tv than I approve of, so today I packed him, Antony and TT into the car and took them all to the seaside for some kite-flying, fresh air and al fresco dining.


W seemed to enjoy himself, but I could tell he was a bit... distracted. As we drove home I discovered what he'd been musing about when he asked me, 'New Dad – what do you know about Bitcoins?'


My heart sank a little, but I told him what I knew – which wasn't much.


'Well,' I replied, 'Bitcoin is a "Virtual Currency". It's like imaginary money that only exists because a lot of people think it exists. You "earn" Bitcoins by solving difficult problems on a computer (it's called "Bitcoin Mining") and there can never be more than 21 million Bitcoins in existence – except they don't really exist anyway...' 


I went on to warn him not to get involved, as the prevailing wisdom is that Bitcoin could go bust at any moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment