31/07/2017

RESTORING SELF ESTEEM

Since Wilson first came to live with me some six years ago, his life has not been without problems.

Mostly these have revolved around a sense of unreality and general existential angst, but never before has he suffered from low self esteem. His positive attitude in the face of adversity has been one of the things I most admired about him.


So it is all the more distressing to see him battling with what he perceives as the stigma attached to him since he heard Andrea's news.


I'd hoped to encourage him to emulate Eric Clapton by channeling his anger and pain into songwriting –  I brought out his guitar, but he showed no interest at all. 


Nor was he tempted by Ant Juice and Cheesy Wotsits, two of his favourite snacks in the whole world.


Clearly it is time for some decisive action: I must take him on holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment