12/12/2016

HAIRCUT

This morning I took Wilson to Ali's Fantastic Barber Shop in the High Street for a trim before the wedding. 

He was very impressed by the cool wallpaper, but then he caught sight of the wash basins and I had to reassure him that having his fur washed was optional.


While we waited for W's turn, I tried to interest him in starting up a Newspaper of some kind to occupy him now his Radio Station has closed. 


He dismissed this, saying that Print Media Are Dead and quoting Marshall McLuhan to me:


'We shape our tools and afterwards our tools shape us,' he intoned sternly, and 'All media exist to invest our lives with artificial perceptions and arbitrary values.'


I think this might be a bit too deep for me, but I do get the point — he's not going to start a newspaper. 


Better cancel that John Bull Printing Set I'd ordered for him for Xmas.


Whatever, once his fur had been trimmed he couldn't take his eyes off his reflection, saying that his new 'do' made him look 'Dangerous, but cuddly!' which is apparently 'Wicked!'



No comments:

Post a Comment